Programme (pdf of the programme)
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
20 years of public engagement with science
Executive Director, Ciência Viva, Portugal
Science Communication and Success Measurement: frameworks, guidelines and some tips
Professor of PR/Corporate Communications, Head of Department of Corporate Communications, Quadriga University of Applied Sciences, Berlin
Science communication research - what's the big idea?
Former Senior Lecturer and Head of School at Dublin City University; President, PCST (Public Communication of Science and Technology) network.
Co-editor, with M. Bucchi, of: Critical Concepts in Sociology: Public Communication of Science (4-volume anthology, 2016) and of Routledge Handbook of Public Communication of Science and Technology (2008 and 2014).
Is there a future for science communication?
Communications Manager and Policy Officer, ITER, European Commission
Monday 29th May, 2017:
- Guided tour of ESO Supernova: The ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre is an astronomy centre for the public located at the ESO site, currently under construction. Two tours are offered to a maximum of 20 participants each at 10:30AM and 11:15AM. "Sensible" shoes are advised (i.e. no stiletto heels or open-toed shoes). Read more.
- Guided tour of ESO: Two tours offered for 30 participants each on Monday 11AM and 11:30AM. They will last 30-45 minutes. ESO
- Guided tour of FRM II: A guided tour of the FRM II neutron source is offered to a maximum number of 24 participants at 10AM. It will last ~2 hours. Meeting point: Reception desk of FRM II, Lichtenbergstraße 1, Garching. Identity card for Europeans respectively passport for Non-Europeans required. FRM II
- Speed networking: On the first day, at around 13:30, just before the workshop starts, participants who wish to do so will have the opportunity to get to know each other better through speed networking.
- Afternoon (~ 14:00 to 18:00h ): Conference
- Evening: Social Dinner
Tuesday 30th May:
- 9:00 to 18:00h: Conference
Wednesday 31st May:
- 9:15 to 11:15h: Sattelite meeting - Communications Working-Group - Registration until 02.05.2017
- Webpage with further information: https://webapps.frm2.tum.de/indico/event/50/
Communicating the importance of science to society
Experiences from communications officers (topical, parallel sessions).For a detailed schedule of the different sessions please click here.