Texture School 2023 @ MLZ
This texture course is intended to introduce basics of the crystallographic textures, pole figures and orientation distribution functions (ODFs). It contains also the principles of data treatment to derive pole figures from neutron, synchrotron and EBSD measurements and gives hands-on practicals in current evaluation software. Key aspects of texture in practical engineering and particular scientific areas will also be introduced. Particular attention will be paid here to the importance of texture in modern materials science and the qualitative interpretation of the texture data for practical purpose.
- Prof. Heinz-Günter Brokmeier ( TU Clausthal & Helmholtz-Zentrum Heroen, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Heinz-Guenter-Brokmeier )
- Prof. Claude Esling (University of Lorraine, France, https://research.com/u/claude-esling )
- Dr. Yudong Zhang (University of Lorraine, France, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yudong-Zhang-11)
- Dr. Sangbong Yi (Helmholtz-Zentrum Heroen, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sangbong-Yi )
- Dr. Emad Maawad (Helmholtz-Zentrum Heroen, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Emad-Maawad
- Dr. Weimin Gan (Helmholtz-Zentrum Heroen, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Weimin-Gan)
A guide tour to visit the MLZ/FRM II advanced neutron facilities will be organized. Registration is mandatory for this event.
On Tuesday evening, a get-together dinner will take place at a tasty Bavarian restaurant.
Directions and Map to Garching Research Campus can be found below.
We are looking forward to welcome you as participant in our course!