Tuesday, 14 May 2019
19:30 Informal gathering at the NEUWIRT restaurant, Garching city center
Wednesday, 15 May 2019
8:00 Transfer by taxi from Garching hotels (Hotel Hoyacker Hof/Hotel am Park) to Garching research campus, Institute of Advanced Study (IAS)
8:30 registration (IAS, 4th floor)
9:00 MLZ and 2FND Directors : Welcome - Aims of the workshop
9:30 - 10:30 Presentation of Instrumentations and Projects in 2FDN
- V. Simonet, 2FDN: Road map of French Federation of Neutron Scattering
- S. Longeville, LLB: Focus on ESS collaborations
- Chr. Alba-Simionesco, LLB: Focus on CANS collaborations
10:30 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:30 Highlights of French-German neutron works I
- S. Combet, LLB (reflectometry, SANS)
“Dystrophin structural changes upon binding to membrane lipids: SANS and neutron reflectivity studies. »
- O. Stockert, MPI Dresden (work on ILL-CRG):
"New routes to quantum critical materials"
- A. Desmedt, ISM (TOF Berlin):
“Physical-chemistry of clathare hydrates : from astrophysics to new opportunities for energy technologies."
- M. Gradzielski, TU-Berlin (work on SANS@LLB):
“Investigation of the structure of micellar and microemulsion systems by means of SANS"
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:30 Presentation on the instrumentation and latest instrumentation projects of MLZ along the six major scientific interests at MLZ:
- R. Gilles, MLZ (Materials science)
"Science of the Materials Science group"
- H. Frielinghaus, MLZ (Soft matter)
“Examples of soft matter research that drive neutron instrumentation at MLZ”
- Y. Su, MLZ: Quantum phenomena
"At the forefront of quantum condensed matter research: challenges and opportunities for novel neutron instrumentation at MLZ"
- A. Senyshyn, MLZ (Structure research)
"Functional materials on atomic scale: structure research at MLZ"
- P. Link, MLZ (Neutron methods)
"From the neutron source to data evaluation - about neutron delivery, detection and scientific computing @ MLZ"
- H. Saul, TUM (Nuclear, Particle- and Astrophysics):
"Particle physics with (ultra-)cold neutrons at MLZ"
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee break
16:00 – 18:30 Visit of MLZ instrumentation
19:00 Bavarian buffet and poster session (IAS, 4th floor)
22:00 Transfer by taxi to Garching hotels
Thursday, 16 May 2019
8:20 Transfer by taxi from the Garching hotels (Hotel Hoyacker Hof/Hotel am Park/Hotel König Ludwig) to Garching research campus, Institute of Advanced Study (IAS)
9:00 P. Müller-Buschbaum, Scientific Director MLZ: Vision MLZ 2030
9:30 S. Schmidt, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH:
Vision of the German neutron landscape 2030
10:00 Marie-Hélène Mathon; French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation::
Vision of the French neutron landscape
10:30 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:30 Highlights of French-German neutron works II
- M. Braden, University of Cologne (work at LLB and ILL-CRG):
“Neutron scattering, the ideal tool for multiferroic and magnetoelectric materials "
- C. Genix, L2C (SANS and NSE).
“Structure and dynamics of polymer nanocomposites studied by X-ray and neutron scattering techniques"
- F. Weber, KIT (work on INS@LLB, 1T/KIT)
“Lattice dynamics at the 1T spectrometer”
- A. Goukassov, LLB (Diffraction):
"Polarized neutron diffraction at the LLB."
12:30 W. Petry: Conclusions (MLZ and 2FDN)
Transfer to the Airport